When to Choose Hair Restoration Surgery
Hair Transplant Surgery is the extraction of hair follicles from the “donor area” and the placement of those follicles to a balding or thinning area.
The proper artistic placement of these follicles can rebuild your receding hairline, increase your overall density, and restore the vitality of your previously full head of hair. In the fight against hereditary hair loss, a hair transplant helps you achieve the goal of looking more youthful and healthy, and restoring your hair for a lifetime.
Hair Restoration Surgery is a great option if you are:
- Experiencing hair loss and ready to invest in a permanent solution.
- A former hair transplant patient, ready to invest in more density or a touch up procedure.
- Wanting to maintain a more youthful look by filling in areas of hair loss or receded hairline.
- Female or male patient with significant thinning.
- Male patient looking to avoid the family history pattern of baldness.
- Not wanting to see scalp when light shines through your hair.
- A patient who has scars from other surgery or injury on the scalp and would like to hide the scar by transplanting hair into the area.
Your hair type and ethnicity, along with how you prefer to wear your hair, will make a difference in the type of hair restoration surgery you choose.
Choosing a Method
There are two different methods for harvesting follicular unit grafts: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE/NeoGraft) or Strip Harvest (FUT). Discussing the scar associated with either method of graft harvesting, and considering the amount of donor hair you have available will help Dr. Niedbalski recommend the right method to meet your expectations.
The treatment requires a full day to complete. The most uncomfortable part of the treatment is the placement of the anesthetic that feels like a series of slight pinches. After that you are completely numb for the treatment and shouldn’t feel anything other than a little pressure.
You are free to relax, watch a movie, use your laptop, read a book, or take a nap during the procedure. Our patients report slight swelling after treatment, diminishing in 48 hours. Any post procedure discomfort can be managed with Ibuprofen, or a pain medication prescribed by Dr. Niedbalski.
What do you want to see in the mirror for your results?
The answer to this question will help determine how many grafts and which extraction/graft harvesting method is right for you. Your investment for a hair restoration procedure will be determined by the number of grafts and the surgical method applied for harvesting the grafts. A consultation with Dr. Niedbalski will allow him to provide a personalized treatment plan with an accurate estimate.