Dr. Robert Niedbalski
As the most experienced hair transplant surgeon in the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Robert Niedbalski enjoys a reputation of excellence and integrity among his patients and peers. Over the course of his 20+ years in hair restoration, he has become one of the leaders in the profession.
He founded Northwest Hair Restoration in 2009, and offers a wide variety of hair restoration services including: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT/Strip Harvest), ACell+PRP Injection Therapy for Stem Cell Activation, medical hair maintenance therapy.
ACell + PRP Pioneer
Dr. Niedbalski is a leading researcher in the application of ACell + PRP to activate stem cells for follicular regeneration and hair multiplication, the closest medical advancement to hair cloning currently available. An avid proponent of hair conservation, Dr. Niedbalski has developed ACell + PRP protocols that prevent hair loss and minimize the reliance on hair restoration surgery.
Training physicians in the technical and aesthetic aspects of hair restoration has been a passion throughout Dr Niedbalski’s career. Medical students, residents and practicing physicians have benefited from his instruction as faculty for numerous workshops and courses.
Since 2002, he has been involved with the ISHRS Fellowship Training Program as a Program Director, Committee Member and (current) Chairman. He is co-author of the Core Competencies for Hair Restoration Surgeons Recommended by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Dr. Niedbalski has served as an adjudicator on the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery Examination Committee since 2008 and as a faculty member for the ISHRS Advanced Review Course.
Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery since 2002 Diplomate of the American Board of Osteopathic Family Physicians since 1995.
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Practitioners
- Washington State Medical Society
- Washington Osteopathic Medical Association
- General Surgery Residency, Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, MI
- Rotating Internship, Detroit Osteopathic and Bi-County Community Hospitals, Detroit, MI
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
- Bachelor of Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Presentations and Workshops
ISHRS sponsored events:
- Hair Transplant 360 Workshop St. Louis University School of Medicine 2011, 2013 Faculty
- Made in Italy: Live Video Surgery Workshop – Faculty
- Annual Scientific Meeting Presentations 2001 through 2007, 2012, 2013
- Hair Restoration Basics Workshop Faculty 2006 – 2008
- Webinar Chairman: Special Situations in Hair Restoration Surgery 2007
- Orlando Live Surgery Workshop Faculty, 2002 – 2008
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Sponsored Events:
- AACS annual meeting 2008 – Complications in Hair Restoration Surgery
- AACS annual meeting 2007 – Recipient Site Creation Methods
- Northwest Regional Live Surgery Workshop Faculty – 2005, 2006
- Physician Groups Lectures on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hair Loss, Denver/Seattle, 2001- 2009
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Department of Surgery, Surgical Hair Restoration, 2001
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Family Practice Seminar, Medical and Surgical Hair Restoration, 1999
- Complications in Hair Restoration Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of N. America 21 (2009) 119-148.
- Core Competencies for Hair Restoration Surgeons Recommended by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Journal: Dermatologic Surgery – DERMATOL SURG , vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 425-428, 2009
- Temporo-Parieto-Occipital Flap Repair. In Hair Transplant 360: Volume 3
- Advances, Techniques, Business Development & Global Perspectives (pp. 683-699). Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2014